Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend Update

Hello my faithful readers:


Hope you had a great weekend - I certainly had a ball. Although I didn't have any dates this weekend it certainly wasn't because I didn't put myself out there. I went out every single day this weekend, which for me is a BIG DEAL. I never go out every single day of the weekend normally, but this is a New Year and I'm working to maintain my new improved positive attitude. I also accomplished the amazing task of signing up and PAYING (yes I said it PAYING)for a new dating service. I'll talk more about on online dating services later.


Friday night I jump started my weekend by hanging out with JF at Caroline's for the Michael Ian Black (MIB) comedy show. MIB was funny and the host that night was particularly funny, even though some of the opening comics were disappointingly bad. It was my first time visiting Caroline's. I have to say that if you want to meet new people, Caroline's probably is not the best environment for cruising for dates, unless you hang out at the bar the whole time.


Bowling at Leisure Time in Port Authority was on the agenda for Saturday to celebrate my friend MK's birthday. Although I am not the best bowler in the world I had a great time and managed to hit a few pins before the end of the evening. I saw a few attractive men here, but it was hard to try chatting them up because they were at lanes way down at the other end of the alley. Bowling is only good for dating if you're doing it as a fun dating activity. It's hard to cruise for people at the bowling alley unless you hang out at the bar. We went out for drinks at a local bar afterwards (Bullmoose Lounge) where it was pretty quiet because we were there at 6:30 PM; probably a little early to have much of a social scene going on. I went home after our drinks for a quiet evening relaxing and watching a little tv.

Sunday was a busy day and I started my day by going out to brunch at Cowgirl for my newly engaged friend A's birthday. It was fun and I got to hang out with a few folks that I hadn't seen for a while - and for me always a good time for me. In conversation I mentioned my plan to go to Comic Con NYC this weekend and I think I might have someone who is interested in coming with me so that I don't have to brave it all by myself. I'll write more about Comic Con NYC later this week. After brunch with the lovely ladies at A's party I met up with one of my best friends GG; she's visiting from Houston and is pregnant with twins.

After hanging with GG I went home and one of my friends OJ gave me a call. He was reading the "Vows" section in the NY Times and saw an article about a couple that married after a whirlwind courtship. He said that the woman in the article reminded me of him and after reading it I can wholeheartedly say that we probably have many things in common (although I have never used my oven as storage space). Here's a link in case you missed it: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/01/fashion/weddings/01VOWS.html?_r=1

So after reading about the couple I was re-inspired to jump on my online dating efforts and signed up for a dating website that seemed interesting to me http://www.blacksingles.com/. I'm a paying member (for at least a month) and this is HUGE for me. I have always said that I don't believe in online dating, but after hearing about the story of the couple in the article I'm willing to give it a shot. I'm also planning to pay for my profile on Yahoo Personals and maybe one other to broaden my horizons. I've had a few emails back and forth on Black Singles and a couple of bites on Yahoo.

I have a good feeling about this week folks. It's already started off the right way for me and I hope the trend continues. Thanks again for all the notes, IM's and phone calls about the blog. Keep them coming I love hearing from you. If you like what you're reading here become a follower of my blog if you haven't already. Even those of you who get this e-mail passed along by our mutual friends.

Mwuah,

Georgia Peach

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Sounds like an eventful weekend! Keep it up! I wish I had that energy!

Georgia Peach said...

Brooke- You just have to make yourself do it. Plus it was actually warm for most of this weekend (except for Saturday).