Thursday, February 5, 2009

At Last...

Hello my faithful readers:

I'm quite excited because today folks I have a date! Yes let me repeat that again I HAVE A DATE! Whoo hoo! Ya! Hallelujah! It has been a few months since my last date so of course I'm sure you can tell I'm more than a little bit excited about this development. (I'm not counting the speed dating as an actual date for those of you who were wondering)

I decided to give Mystervee from Blacksingles.com another chance and he shot me an e-mail this morning proposing we meet up today. Even though I have french class tonight I said why the hell not?!? It'll be quick because of my class. A coffee date is a great low pressure way for both of us to determine whether it's worth pursuing a much longer date later on down the road.

Now the only concern I have personally is that I'm not necessarily as dressed up as I'd like to be on a first date. In fact setting up a date on the same day goes against my control freak nature as I ranted about in one of my earlier blogs, but I'm trying to open myself up to new things. I know that I'll have a great time no matter what, but again I wish that I'd known before I left my house this morning that I was going to be going on a date today. Thank goodness I'm at least wearing my skinny jeans and a decent sweater.

Mystervee sounded nice on the phone and he mentioned that he used to live in the Upper East Side (UES) and so far his voice was nice (no outrageous accents to speak of). Just a few of the basics about him - he's 37, lives in Jersey City, 6'3" and is an engineer and has no kids. He also laughed at a few of my jokes today so we'll see how we click in person. I'm praying that he actually looks his pictures because if he doesn't or he's actually 15 years older than those pics indicate then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Now that I'm getting the first date out of the way I'm working to get even more lined up. I'll make sure to provide a synopsis of our date on tomorrow's blog. Wish me luck!

Mwuah,

Georgia Peach

4 comments:

Hip Hopper Turned Globe Trotter said...

Good luck G-Money carry mase and your metal nail file if that fool acts up.

Georgia Peach said...

Thanks HipHopGuy... I'm running across the street to grab that nail file! :o)

MK said...

hooray! can't wait to hear all about it!

Brooke said...

Can't wait to hear all about it!