Friday, February 6, 2009

Online dating (maybe not a nightmare)

Hello Readers:

TGIF! I have to say that although I've had a wonderful time this week my battery is running a little low and I need to take tonight off and get some much needed rest. I hope that you all go out and have a ball for me, because I'm planning to sit at home in my PJ's catching up on all the TV shows on my DVR and netflix.

Now I know that most of you are waiting to find out more about how last night went with Mystervee (MV). As I mentioned in yesterday's blog we met up for a quick coffee date. I arrived before he did and waited for a few minutes before ordering my drink (we agreed to go dutch prior to meeting up). After I got my drink I headed upstairs to the lounge area to grab a table. MV came in about ten minutes late and because I was upstairs he said he stood there for a while before texting me. Meanwhile I had texted him to order his drink and meet me in the upstairs lounge area. Ironically neither of us is a coffee drinker (but we ordered variations of the same tea). I mentally docked him a few points for him showing up so late(of course)!

The first thing I thought when MV came up was Thank God he does look like his pictures plus he really is 6'3 (SCORE). He was dressed casually in a button down shirt (navy), blue jeans and some timbs. We greeted each other with a nice hug and he took off all his winter gear and sat down to chat. He's got a great smile and I was happy that his looks were equally matched by his intelligence.

Overall the conversation was good last night. I slipped into Oprah Winfrey mode and asked most of the questions that popped into my head about him. I did edit some of the crazy stuff out :o) maybe we'll get to it in the future. MV seems to be a nice guy and I found out that his birthday is exactly 7 days before mine one of the first of many things we have in common. He loves to travel, is into indie films (he's a regular at the Angelika theater and has a subscription to Netflix), seems to be a family man and has a crazy tea obsession. Although he's between projects right now, MV is an electrical engineer. From our conversation last night, it sounds as if he's used to the breaks between projects and uses the time to travel abroad and buy real estate. I'll have to do more research about his work situation if we decide to have another date. The biggest surprise for me about him was the fact that he is divorced; obviously I didn't notice it on his profile prior to our date. I respected the fact that he had nothing negative to say about his experience, it just didn't work out for him and his ex-wife.

I had to hustle out after about an hour to get to french class on time and was sad I had to leave. We walked to the train together and he hopped on the Path back to his condo in Jersey City and me to my french class at the 92nd Street Y. Our parting hug was nice and overall I felt like I'd met someone a lot like me (my male clone perhaps?), which for me isn't a bad thing. MV was physically attractive, confident and down to earth. Plus we like a lot of the same things and hang out in some of the same hoods. I hope that we'll mutually decide to hang out again as I can see the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

This weekend I'm planning to hit up Comic Con NYC (insert jokes here). It should be a fun time and a few of my friends are planning to come through. I'm confirmed to meet one of my co-workers A and we'll hit up a few panels from our favorite shows. Hope that you all have a wonderful weekend and as always thanks for reading!

Mwuah,

Georgia Peach

PS - Neither of us said we'd call each other at the end of our night, nor have I heard from him yet. So I'm not getting my hopes up!

5 comments:

Georgia Peach said...

PPS - he finally texted me saying it was a pleasure meeting up! :)

PrettyA said...

This guy doesn't sound too bad so far...maybe there will be a 2nd meeting?! By the way, I love reading your blog ~Andrea

Georgia Peach said...

Andrea so far so good. We've texted this weekend so we'll see how it all goes. He's a nice man so far. :o)

Peggy said...

Can't wait to hear more

Sorry I haven't made a comment in a while, but I have been reading your blogs. I've been swamped at work and then was off for a few days cause I ended up getting bronchitis. I'm about 80% better, thank God.

I'm so excited for you!

Georgia Peach said...

Thanks Peggy! I'm sorry to hear you've been ill - I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel better. This weather is no joke! Things are great right now... I'm inspired by you!

Oh and Andrea forgot to say thanks for reading the blog! Glad you like it.