Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's a good week so far!

Hello everyone:


It's Tuesday and a snowy day here in NYC. I'm not a snow person and generally when the snow falls I tend to want to go into hibernation mode so right now I'm on the fence about my plans this evening. I'm down a wing woman because my friend LJ who was planning to come with me is sick. Feel better girl! I promise for the sake of myself (and the blog) that I'll make every effort to get out tonight despite the snow and my own declining health.


Yesterday afternoon around 4:30 I got a phone call from Youngun. This time I do remember most of our conversation and he seems to be a very nice guy. He gave me his background - he's an actor (his claim to fame thus far is as an extra on the soap "As The World Turns" ), has a degree in International Marketing (maybe he can understand me when I start geeking out about work stuff?) and he is indeed 25 years old. I'm trying my hardest to be good this time around and not to repeat any of my bad dating habits. We'll get into some of them in later blogs I'm sure. We haven't made any plans yet, but I'll give him a call later this week to try to set something up for this weekend or next week. I sort of need my weekend to myself to decompress I realize now, because today it's Tuesday and I'm already feeling like my energy is waning. I'll have to watch that hanging around with kids like Youngun I suppose. :o)


Blacksingles.com also seems promising. I have been corresponding with a few guys on the site and the one pet peeve I have so far is all of the short men who ping me. It's as if I'm cat nip for men 5'8 and under. What's the deal with that? I guess they love the challenge of dating a tall woman, however I don't enjoy the challenge of leaning down to kiss my short man. I did it in high school and college and decided that this is one of my non-negotiables. The guy that's my mate will need to be taller than me. One of the things that makes online dating a challenge for me is the fact that a lot of daters have many misspellings and text lingo (e.g. u kno) on their profiles. It makes it harder for more me to decipher and in the end I want someone with a good handle on the English language. I'm trying to let go of my preconceived notions, but a girl has to have some standards. If anything develops with one of these guys I'll keep you posted.

Tonight I have a couple of networking events that I was considering hitting up. If anyone is interested in coming with as my wing woman or wingman please hit me up. One is a NAMIC panel discussion on "Multicultural Marketing" No judgements here please! I'm a geek and I'm hoping my geek guy will be there too. There is also a networking event from VMIX and Buzz, sounds like a nice time and maybe there will be some interesting people out despite the weather.

Tomorrow I hope that I'll have an update for you on my activities tonight. This all depends on whether I can muster up enough energy to make it out tonight. If this morning is any indication I might be passed out by the time the clock hits 5 PM. Have a great day today.

Mwuah,

Georgia Peach

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I can't stand typos in online profiles. By the time I get to the third misspelling, I'm done reading. Anything poorly written distracts me, and I can't stand the incorrect use of "there" vs. "they're" vs. "their." Drives me crazy! I know those are my issues, but it is what it is. And I notice it happens the most on profiles where it states the man has a graduate degree. I'm like, "yeah right!" I know...it may be judgemental of me, but I find it hard to believe that someone made it all the way to graduation school and can't press the spellcheck button.

Anyway, that was my own little rant out of nowhere, but you brought it up and I had to let it out :-)

MK said...

I hear you on the height thing - it's a non-negotiable for me too, which makes it REALLY difficult, considering I'm 6'1". It's hard to find anyone as tall as me, let alone taller. I won't give in though - I've tried dating guys even an inch shorter than me, and it just doesn't work for me.

I'm also with you on the grasp-of-the-english language. I am the first one to use creative grammar and spelling - but in the right context. I think at work, and dealing w/the outside public or strangers, proper spelling, diction and grammar are a MUST.

Brooke said...

I meant "graduate" school :-) LOL!

Georgia Peach said...

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one bothered by these issues. Brooke I know you don't mind the height issue, but for me it really is just a non-negotiable at this point in my life. :o) Brooke some of the grad school people are the worst offenders of grammar mistakes. I guess going back to school makes them lazy.

E.Payne said...

Oh, you girls...

Short men have nothing to lose. That's why they're so aggressive. And these days with computers, no one can spell nor are they even pressed to notice the little red lines that form beneath their typos.

GP - I believe my wife is attending that NAMIC event with you. Keep her in check, please.

Gracias.