Thursday, April 23, 2009

What are we?

Hello my faithful readers:

Wow, this has been a whirlwind couple of weeks for me. I know that I have been a quite scarce around the blogosphere and I blame it wholeheartedly on my job. I have some good news from my trip to Belgium last week. I was officially accepted into the MBA program at Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School (YAY). After taking last week off from work, I've been busy the past couple of days just getting caught up with all of the projects we have going on now. I have lots of planning and thinking to do in the meantime to get prepared for my big move and life change.

All of the exciting developments in my life mean that I haven't focused on dating nearly as much as I did a few weeks ago. I have been using some of this time to get to know Mr. Ex a whole lot better and we are becoming friends. I believe we mutually like and respect each other quite a bit. He would like things to move along a whole lot faster than I'm allowing them to happen and he has affectionately nicknamed me The Boss which I don't mind now, the name is growing on me.

Mr. Ex asked me a tough question last night on the phone. "What do you say about us if people ask you? What do you tell your friends and family?" I was hoping to avoid this question (forever) because I have soooo many balls in the air right now (work is busy and I am moving to Europe in a few months). He also has no idea that I have a dating blog and that I've written about him here quite a few times. Since the last time I updated you all we've had quite a few in depth conversations. I finally got him to stop talking about his exes and we see eye to eye on most of the big issues in life. So my answer was "I tell people we're dating." He has hinted around before about getting into a relationship together, but I fiercely remind him that I am moving away and that I DON'T DO LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS. I've offered up many opportunities for us to end things, yet he keeps saying "You never know what will happen, let's just go with it."

I am a planner by nature. I don't like a lot of surprises in my life. Although I don't consider myself to be rigid, I am a bit of a control freak. My life has a plan and I tick my goals off on a regular basis. I need to guide things at least a little bit. So we'll see how things develop with my friendship. I know many of you like me feel like Mr. Ex is a risky proposition (for me) given the fact that he (seems) to be finding his way. What can I can say about him? He is working (he has a couple of part-time gigs) and I've found him to be a genuine person. I think he's helped me to grow as a person, but part of me has to wonder if his lack of career is a sign of bigger issues that he's kept hidden thus far. I'm watching him like a hawk; for now all I can do is to enjoy his company and the time we spend together.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate all of the support from you. If you like what you're reading or you have something to say don't feel shy, chime in or better yet become one of my followers! Have a wonderful evening.

Mwuah,



Georgia Peach

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I've been trying to leave a comment on your blog for the longest. For some reason, when I click on "post a comment" it tries to open in a different web tab and then it shuts off...let's see if this works.

Anyway, CONGRATS on getting accepted to grad school! Woo-hoo! While I will miss you terribly, I'm so happy for you and this next chapter of your life.

As for Mr. Ex, "we're dating" is the correct answer and that's all there is to it. Have fun, continue to develop your friendship and let God and your gut guide you. Everyone is in our lives for a reason, so you will find out what his purpose is. Maybe you're in HIS life to teach HIM something. You never know...but just continue to have a good time with your life and go after everything you want.

I'm so proud of you!

Georgia Peach said...

Thanks Brooke - I think you're right. I was thinking about it this morning and I think I needed to have an experience with someone who treated me well so that my standards are in place for the next man. I've realized that constantly dating losers can make you lower them even in unintentionally because you get used to being treated like Shyt. I don't want to get used to being treated like shyt so I think that was the purpose of me dating him.

As for my purpose in his life - I think it was to push him into action. I think he's held onto the idea that the reason women have issue with him is the fact that he doesn't have his degree. I was there to get him to think about it from a different perspective and to make him really think about the fact that he's 36 and seems to be floundering. I also think he needs to realize that he should get it done on his own and not wait for "the right woman" to spur him into action. At least I hope that's what I was in his life for...who knows really?